Thursday, June 01, 2006

Spider


Today....I have had a "special" day. Nathaniel and I are in the process of trying to grow grass to fill in the bare spots (which is actually most of our yard) in our lawn. Growing grass is a delicate process. The seeds must be watered twice a day! This morning I enjoyed the mild weather while I watered the back yard. I had about 10 minutes to spare to water the front yard before I had to leave to work so I decided to lock the door knob and just leave the door open so when I left I would only need to lock the deadbolt. Here's wher e my supershort attention span comes into play. When I went to walk out the door, I noticed a spider on the screen door! Determined not to let the nasty beast into the house, I shut the front door. UGH. Neighbors didn't answer their doors - so I decided to get walking to a friends house. 25 minutes later- she isn't home. Lets try friend #2- 20 minutes later, she's not answering the door. Friend #3- not home. So. An hour and a half later, I make it to the library with blisters from my Old Navy flip flops (I'm just happy that I decided to wear shoes when I went to water the lawn) and email work and call N to come pick up his silly wife. What a good man. What a day.

No comments: