What happened?! Well.... on our second month on Clomid I went in for my blood test to see if I had ovulated and it came back negative. Very discouraging. Apparently my progesterone level was at .7 when just the month before it had been 29. Durn it all. I went in to talk to my doctor to talk about 'options'. It was looking like we'd take one more go round on the Clomid, though at a double dose, and then after that it would be on to a specialist. Seeing as I hadn't ovulated my dr. prescribed Provera to bring on my cycle- but before I could start that I would need to take a standard blood pregnancy test. Ya'll are seeing where this is going... right? I called in for the results and my lovely doctor let me know that the test had come back positive! After having 4 or 5 blood tests to make sure my levels were rising appropriately we got to have our first glimpse at the little.... yolk sac. Hmm. A week later we got to have another sonogram to make sure that the pregnancy was viable. Our little Jelly Bean was just visible! And yesterday- we saw our jumping bean. The baby seems to have grown so much! It is amazing to see little arms and legs waving all over and the tiny heart beating so quickly. With the crazy circumstances of actually getting pregnant- they still haven't tagged one specific due date. I'm gonna go with April 2 since we've been dated anywhere from March 30-April 6. Love to all- and we'll keep you posted.
The Twinkle in his/her Father's eye: If you look at this picture sideways- it looks more like an eye and eyebrow than a baby....
Our little Jelly bean: It looked like most of it was just a beating heart!
Yesterday's portrait: These pictures aren't transferring on here very well... but I hope you can make out the head, body and legs.

6 comments:
No Fair!!! You got pictures WAAYYYY earlier than we did!!!
Congrats!
benefits of going through infertility, I guess. Hey- I deserve some perks! ;)
Yay! You used my quote!
I'm so happy for you! WUBBA!
Felicity, that is so exciting! I'm so happy for you and Nathaniel. What a nice surprise to find out that your lack of ovulation was due to a baby and nothing else. :)
YAY!!!!!!
I love this story Felicity. I'm so pleased and happy for the two of you!! The same thing happened to my sister - they thought she might have cancer, but, nope, it was a teeny tiny baby. Wahoo for fertility!!
Post a Comment