Here Nathaniel's face shows his enthusiasm for the "fine dining" atmosphere- probably while we could hear the water gushing in the pipes next to us:
Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Healthy Second Anniversary
For our second anniversary my wonderful husband sought out the best. I told him no flowers since we'd be leaving 2 days later (though he did buy me some beautiful roses yesterday!), but other then that, no expense was to be spared. He selected several of the finest restaurants around, based off of co-worker recommendations, and then let me pick among the menus. I chose the Rooster Cafe. We pulled up to the "world class" dining establishment only to find it in a strip mall among a liquor store and a mini mart, and to be greeted by a hostess in her crocks and day clothes (come one! I was 6 months pregnant and put on heels!). Our faces were that of sheer disbelief as we saw a customer at the table next to us order a diet pepsi, then the hostess leave and come back with a 2 liter from the mini mart. World Class dining.... uh huh. They didn't hae the menu that I had picked from online, the salad was terrible, but the steak dinner was delicious. Not an worth an hour and 45 minute wait delicious, but delicious none the less... or maybe it was because of the wait that it was so good...
Laugh. That's all you can do. Plus, I was with my sweetheart, what more do you really need?
After dinner Nathaniel took me out to the mall to buy some fun goodies and icecream! On our way home he took me to see a Christmas light display! I am a sucker for all of that holiday junk. Here is the final light display... not happy, but Healthy Holidays.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment