Three weeks from this moment we'll be arriving in the mainland! YAY! Get ready y'all...we'll see you soon!
Things I can't wait for at home:
-Our ward
-Dryer
-Dishwasher
-Oven
-Highchair for William
-My own car
-Bedroom doors
-English!
-Playmates for William and mommy!
Things I'll miss about Germany:
-Our ward
-Hello, it's Europe!
-Being as close to France as I am to PA back home.
-Our good friends out here
-Our adventures
-The bread. Mmmm.
-Easy public transportation
-Housekeeping changing the linens and cleaning the bathroom every Friday
Things I won't miss about Germany:
-Our itty-bitty living space
-Hearing our neighbors and worrying about them hearing William
-Our weekly housecleaner, WITHOUT FAIL, telling me that William needs to have socks on and that he got sick because he doesn't wear socks enough. He's INDOORS, WOMAN! She also tells me to wear socks.
-The hard water
-German (sorry, it's just not my language)
-Euro/Dollar exchange rate
-Hand washing dishes
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Great post Felicity. It is nice to hear both good and bad about Germany.:-)I would be totally excited to go home if I were you. It is going to be so nice to have more space and be back amongst the familiar. I will be there again someday. What an awesome learning experience you have had here. I am sure you are a better person because of it.
I am glad you will be home an a few weeks!!! We can't wait to see you!!!
YAY! I'm so glad it's so soon that you will be home. Crazy times. I, too, would miss the bread and being close to France, but I think you guys lived it up sufficiently. Now come back home to the motherland.
ha. i couldn't get out of europe fast enough. i didn't even feel sad at all when we packed up and left. on the other hand, i cried when we moved out of our apartment in dc.
I am excited for you too! I can talk to you EVERY SINGLE DAY and get all caught up!
How fun to have you back! Enjoy your last few weeks there. Go shopping! I'm sorry, but I agree with your socks lady. I'm all about wearing socks and make my kids wear them all the time when it's fall or winter, even indoors. Now, go buy some cute French socks!
wow! i can't believe you'll be home so soon! crazy how fast 6 months goes by!
The time has flown by. I have loved following your travels through your blog. I'm glad you have loved Germany, but I'm also glad you get to come back! Aly
Hooray!!! I can't wait for you to get home. See you in May.
Wubba
M
Hip Horray you're commin home! See you soon :-)
I am so glad you are coming home!! Glad you had a great experience but we are ready for you to return home!
Post a Comment