Wednesday, April 16, 2008

hum drum

Our lives have gotten a lot more boring since we've been home. I love it. My blog fans may not, but I'm happy as a clam to have my days scheduled around nothing but naps, playdates, and the occasional lunch trip to costco. Our next trip out of town isn't scheduled until May! Fabulous.

Half the time W falls asleep while drinking a bottle and the other half he falls asleep in his crib talking to himself. When he does this we find him in some adorable positions after he's finally talked himself out.
After reading Cami's blog about her new handheld vac, the temptation was simply too great. We went out and got one. It was amazing. Within a day my car was clean and so were the stairs (both long overdue projects). Not only has our new friend been ever so handy in cleaning up after each of W's meals, but it seems to have become a favorite toy to W. All during breakfast today he was reaching for it. When he finally got his prized possession I took it away briefly to move it & him to the living room. Oh! The tears that flowed. Traumatic, I tell you. I think I can work this new friendship to my advantage though...

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! I need one of those! My car and stairs are always a mess! He is as cute as ever!:) give him a love from me!

Mandy said...

Girl, I am so jealous of you. Wow, being back in the States and able to take trips to Costco? How nice. Not battling the crowds and trying to figure out where the Germans hid the salad dressing at Real. Man I can't wait to be back! Ugh, two more years!!!

Cami said...

YAY! I ahve inspired a purchase. Now you can give William a cookie and the vacuum, and you're all set.

Jefferson used to fall asleep sitting up and folded in half. I just found a bunch of pictures of it. How funny they are!

Jenni said...

You've made me want to go charge up my little hand-held vac - I almost forgot I had one!!:) William is too cute!!

Christie said...

look at that boy all snoozing! Sounds like sleeping is getting a bit better? I say put that boy to work vacuuming.

Teresa said...

that schedule sounds perfect for you! I am so happy that you are back where you are comfortable. A six month vacation can be a little wearing, especially with a little boy in tow. Let us know how the pregnancy is coming. Are you getting your daytime rest?

Julia said...

Yup, I asked for--and got--one of those for Christmas this year. Love it, love it, love it!!! and hey, friendships should be encouraged! Althuogh, teaching him that he can clean up his own messes may backfire...

Scarlett said...

Hey, maybe you can help him start his own vacuum company soon! looks like he'll be the next Dyson guy! hahaha.

Anonymous said...

So glad you have more relaxed days. You need them after such a world-wind vacation. William is so cute with his new toy that cleans stairs!

Deb said...

"william and the vacuum cleaner..." it sounds like a great children's book. :)

Trevor and Natalie said...

Just look at that sleeping ANGEL! He is so big and we are missing it! These kids want to play with cousin William. Trev says he misses you.

Natalie

melbo said...

Ooo, I've been wanting one of those vacs! I'm glad you love yours. I may just copy you.