Well- it's a bit refreshing to know that our adventures didn't run out when we left Europe. This past Wednesday evening we packed up the car and took off en route for the outer banks of North Carolina. Here are some pictures (a bit out of order.. but oh well) of our trip as taken with my killer new camera! Please note that basically all I can do with the blessed thing right now is point and shoot. Our relationship (mine and the camera) is a work in progress.

The freedom of being 14 months old. Of course... we did end up with a poop on the beach, but what's an adventure with a toddler without a poop story?

Nathaniel and I may be biased, but we sure think he's the most gorgeous child ever.

A little back note: Abby (pictured above) is Nathaniel's youngest sister who has come to brave the month of June with us. On Saturday morning Nathaniel spoiled us with an aerial tour of the island and area where we were staying! We were nervous when we climbed into the tiny 4-seater plane, but it was amazing how secure and safe we felt throughout the entire flight. Here are some of my favorite shots from the air.


See our shadow? We also saw a little group of sting rays and jelly fish but weren't able to get pictures of them.

Cape Lookout lighthouse. Later that day we returned by ferry to the lighthouse and basked in the sun for 4 hours! (I'll put up pictures of that later). William is the only one who didn't get a sunburn.


On our way down to the
OBX we stopped at a little children's museum. William was WELL past
naptime, but was still a champ for pictures. What a poser.

Okay... fed up a bit with being a model.

On Friday we went to the Aquarium. It's apparently the biggest in NC, but compared the the
Monterey Bay aquarium... it was lacking. Here is W pointing out the fish to his daddy.

Love it!
18 comments:
Great sky pictures!!!!
We have been to that aquarium!! I have to agree,once you have seen it, you've seen. Oh how I miss N.C.!!
Abby is so dang cute!
-the hottest guy in town!!
Cute. I wish I could run naked on the beach . . . ok, no I don't. My grandpa had a plane like that when I was a kid and used to fly us around. It always made someone sick. Jefferson was afraid of the crab (but I think he was joking).
Lots of familiar sights :) Where is that Children's Museum, by the way? I am so looking forward to heading down that way again mid-July!!
Love the beach bum pic, that is a classic. It must be saved forever and shown to all girlfriends, haha! Can we get a closer prego belly pic though please?
Beautiful pictures!! I miss all of you guys! Hope the trip home was fine, and remember that our home is open anytime!
Thanks for taking the time to visit Harkers Island family. You are mighty special... Nathaniel, Felicity, William and Abby!
Great pictures! What kind of camera did you end up with? We'll have to go out shooting. :-)
so fun! the aerial tour sounds great!
yay! I told you that you would LOVE a nice camera! Welcome to the photography world! Your pics are adorable! wow! a private plane ride???? lucky girl!
I love the pics and would love to show you some tricks to use with that snazzy new camera! :) Lets go walking and try it out. ;)
HA HA, I love that last picture of your hubby as a cray. Too funny. =)
What great pictures. William is adorable. Glad you got a new camera that is so much fun. What a fun trip I want to take Logan to the beach.
So fun! I love his little bum on the beach. Great pictures.
Great last picture!! Glad your adventures are still going strong.
Love the pictures! Especially the naked bum! lol. So cute.
I hope all is going well with your pregnancy!
Oh, we were just at Cape Lookout and Harkers Island in May! It is so beautiful. Glad you had fun! Abby was great at camp. I have some pictures I'll send you.
When I opened your blog, I looked at the photo and had to ask myself, "What is this Internet porn?!" Just kidding. Your trip sounds fun and the pictures show how beautiful is was.
Post a Comment