Saturday, August 09, 2008

are you lookin' at my belly?

Belly Lookers.

So today at Target I was walking along looking for a new crockpot (yay!) and quite obviously talking on the phone when this woman interrupts me to ask me how old my son is and then asked me when I was due. The genius worked up the math real quick and the look on her face was entertaining, but not enough for me to bother with anymore distraction from my phone call. What's the deal, lady?! I'm on the phone. Maybe I should just wear a shirt that says:

"Yes, my kids will be 18 months, almost to the day, apart. No, this was not an 'accident'. Yes, I know I will 'have my hands full'." :)

I'm absolutely adoring having my little (ha! by 15 months!) sister in Baltimore for her first year of residency. Yesterday William and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and Charity's rare day off and went to hit up the inner harbor. Lucky for us it turned out that there was some anime/comic book convention going on so there were more sights than boats in the harbor! I tried my best to be tactful though and didn't take any pictures of the many sailor moons, spider men, and numerous other creatures parading through the city. Charity did her best to be tactful while still taking a picture by pretending to text message. She captured a picture (not appropriate for the web, I promise) of a woman wearing only her strapless bra and underwear with cotton balls stuck all over it. *shudder* I'm not sure I want to see the movie with the character she was dressed as.

In ANY CASE... we finally got that belly picture all ya'll have been asking about. Looks about as big as I feel, but when I look at myself I don't see my belly as that big! haha. Oh well! just over 7 more weeks, friends....7 more weeks.
A few weeks ago we finally bought a jogging stroller. Coincidence or not... about the time in my pregnancy that I start to get mentally distraught/frustrated over my freakishly expanding frame and figure, my ever-active darling husband gets on a "get fit" kick. In his defense soccer season is starting up and he wants to be 18 again on the field... so he's doing his best to feel there. Anyway... so here we finally got our jogging stroller. I totally love it and wish we'd gotten it sooner. It is so terrific over bumps and doesn't catch like my adored maclaren does. William is probably the stroller's greatest fan though. If he sees it, he simply MUST get in it and hang onto the steering wheel. Here is W lounging on his tour through Baltimore (dressed the part in his oriels shirt) while suckin' on a dumdum.

View of the harbor boat. Wish I could say I took this with my fancy Rebel, but these were all taken with my nikon point & shoot. Pretty impressive, no?

Last weekend we went to a zoo (pregnancy memory at work here...) with the Mitchells! It was so much fun to get together with them again. We've been really missing all of our friends who have moved away!!!

Can I just say that me squeezing into that log was more challenging then it really should have been...

About 15 minutes after we got there it started to RAIN. We figured that we'd already paid and none of the kids were crying so we'd stick it out until they did (good parenting, right?)! William and Max are such fun pals. They both loved these deer. In the picture you can kind of see a pose from Williams "I'm very excited and/or sleep deprived" dance.

So sweet! W wouldn't hold anyone's hand but Max's and he kept looking for Max when he would run ahead.

Sorry fella. Not sure that this camo outfit is working so well for you.

I know.. totally random picture. But this is William with his "nigh-nigh". I love how attached he's gotten to it and that he has a name for it. Granted that multiple words in his vocab have many meanings... like every animal on earth is a "dog"....but still.

William's growing like a weed and sleeping like a champ (12 hours straight at night 90% of the time). He (and Mommy) are finally adjusting to just one nap a day. This week he's learned how to sign "thank you/merci", how to blow a kiss, and how to fold his arms for a prayer. I love it! I'll have to try to get some footage of him using his words. He's growing up so fast! I'm not sure how he's going to enjoy sharing his time with a brother... but I AM sure that once baby brother is a bit active and mobile he'll be ever so happy to have him there...most of the time.

8 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, I wish you would've posted pictures of the comic book people. I wish we would've gone to stare at all the dressed up fans. How fun to have your sister here. Tell Nathaniel that he's not allowed to get in shape until you're able to see your feet. That's just not right. You look very cute, by the way.

Unknown said...

Cute post my dear! I LOVE it when you update! What a pregnant babe you are! Just wait until you have 3 rugrats and people ask you lots of annoying questions....how old are you? Are they ALL yours? I hear ya, it's annoying! Love you!

Anonymous said...

you look great! thanks for sharing your inner harbor adventures. i enjoyed going there on my p-days during my mission.

Cami said...

What a good little sleeper and a great nigh nigh!! Those pictures of the boys are just darling. And nice shot of the ship! Jeffy is dying to go into it.

Lauren said...

Wow Felicity when you post it ain't no joke haha! That was a long post but I totally enjoyed it! Your belly looks the same size as when yall were down visiting Harkers Island. So in other words you don't look big at all and I also think Nathaniel should wait to "get fit". Joel is actually on a get fit thing and I guess I have no excuse! haha Tell Nathaniel I said hello and I'll hopefully see you guys sometime soon.

Julia said...

William is just so cute! I love your cute little bump, too, but it will be more fun when she comes out to play :)

T J V said...

for the record i think you and your belly look fabulous! so happy to finally see some belly shots. next time someone looks at you funny though, you should say "I'm selling the next on, you want it?" haha, how offended they will be but serves them right for judging. sorry i'm a bit mouthy today!

Garner Family said...

LOL What is it about the people at Target??!! Unfortunately, The "you sure have your hands full" will only get worse after the baby is born. =)
It was nice catching up for a few min. on Sunday.