skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Estrogen Makes the World Go Round
So lately I've been thinking a lot about the intricate dynamics of family life, and, more specifically, about Felicity's impressive ability to keep our family (and our home) in order. Now that we have two kids under 18 months old, sleep seems to come only in short spurts, resulting without fail in tired mommies and daddies (not to mention the *sometimes* grumpy kiddies). In spite of this unwanted side effect of what is otherwise an unestimable divine blessing, I have noticed that my sweet wife has this remarkable capacity to bounce back from the depths of fatigue to tackle whatever project she sets her mind to. Take today, for instance. I don't recall us sleeping much after about 3 a.m., which is why I shamelessly crashed after work and took a modest nap (shame on daddy, I know). Meanwhile, as visions of sugar plums danced through my head, my used-to-require-at-least-10-hours-of-sleep eternal companion effectively morphed into the energizer bunny and was entertaining the kids while simultaneously cleaning the house. Either it's a miracle, or it's the estrogen. The way I see it, she's the only one around these parts with a significant amount of the stuff, and mysteriously she's the only one who seems to be able to go, go, go all day long without stopping. So my theory is that estrogenic beings benefit from the hormone's mystical properties and are thus able to accomplish far more than their testosteronic counterparts. Then again, perhaps I just need to suck it up and pamper my well-deserving wife. I'll figure it out... someday.
9 comments:
Aww. Nathaniel. Brownie points galore, you have earned, indeed! :)
What a catch you have. Felicity too. :)
Ummm, yes you need to pamper your wife. We have to keep going even when we're dead tired, because the kids need us. So go buy her some nice clothes and jewelry and a massage while you're at it :)
I agree with Tracy, you need to pamper your wife, more. :-)
How about one day letting her take a nap while you clean the house and entertain the kiddos. Or how about one Saturday you take care of the boys and let her disappear for, say, 10 hours. ha ha ha.
It is all sweet and sugary to tell her how wonderful she is, but like ALL moms, actions from spouses speak louder than words. I think most dads, and I get this from talking with other moms, are a bit clueless how exhausting it is to bet The Mom. (Fortunately I married the exception to that rule. ;-)
Fizz, you've got a good one there in Natey-poo.
How sweet to notice... now do something about it. :-) Mommies do make the world go round. I think it has nothing to do with Estrogen cuz I never went w/o this much sleep before kids. :-) The songs are right...... It's LOVE (for those babies) that make the world go round."
That is a sweet post! Your wife is amazing. I wonder how we do it but it is true we just have to!! Plus those kiddos are well worth it. Someday we will sleep again right?? Great job Felicity.
So very sweet. There are sooooo many things I could say here from our family's experience, but I'd better just say that indeed you do have a wonderful wife. :)
I love that you are posting about Felicity's awesomeness. She deserves the praise, and the guy who will give it to her. Good going! Now double the number of boys that you have and really watch her shine. :-)
What a nice post. I'll tell you what it is: Necessity. Mothers have no more energy than anyone else, they just HAVE to do the stuff they do, so they do. Good for you for appreciating it!
what's estrogen??
:o)
<3 Abby
Post a Comment