You are a little monster. I'm afraid to take you to the nearby tot-lot because I don't want other mom's to look at me like, well, the mom of a little monster. I'm actually protective of you like that. I want others to see you as a gorgeous, adorable, strong little boy... not a hitter, shover, toy-truck-stealer, or biter. You almost never miss an opportunity to body-slam your little brother. You are getting increasingly picky about what clothes or shoes you'll wear and when you'll wear them. You drive me crazy and make me want to hit my head against the wall. Sometimes I actually do. I also love you endlessly. You make me melt when you say "I hold you!" and hang your arm around my neck at bedtime. I almost cry when you say prayers (with Daddy's help), and I did cry when you started trying to sing your bedtime lullaby with me. It takes all my self-control to not let you nap in my bed when you say "no, momma's bed!" because it is just so sweet when you say it. You are always sure to say "ya'okay?" every single time I cough and issue a polite "bless you" from wherever you are in the house when you hear me sneeze. While you love to practice future football moves on Cameron, you also love him a lot. I think. If he needs help or is doing something that might hurt him you say "no! no! Cannon!" and you check on him if he falls (only without your help) and say "oh! Baby! you okay?!" One day, you two will be good friends. Cameron already wants to be everywhere you are, even when I don't understand it because you never fail to knock him down. Today I smiled though as I was in the other room and heard you two actually playing and laughing.
I treasure you and I know that, like my mom says, you'll outgrow this monster phase...even if you never outgrow that nickname. I love you, my little monster, and I'm grateful to be your mommy.

4 comments:
well you made me cry reading this, 1. because i can see him doing all these things to his little brother, 2. because it is as if i myself wrote it about brody, and 3 because time moves so fast and having them want to hold you and sleep by you will one day be gone...enjoy your little monsters before you have three!!! i'm thinking of you
Felicity this was amazing. Seriously I love the way you put your emotions into words. I think I especially love it because I have felt all of those same emotions! Man you are good. I really want to copy and paste it into a mommy journal of emotions. He is precious and sweet and you are a sweet good mommy!! Man I miss you. Give those kids a hug for me.
I love the honesty in this post, being a mum of 2 little boys as well. They will become the best of friends. I brainwash mine into it. They aren't allowed to anything mean to each other or hit and if they do they are slit up and hate it. i also are constantly telling them how they are the bestest friends and always will be..............we shall see, it did work with my big girls tho they are 16 and 14 and really are great friends
As a mom of little monsters, I understand. I think he's great.
Post a Comment