Sunday, November 01, 2009

This is Halloween

I LOVE Halloween. It is the kick-off for the Holiday season and it makes me so happy. What's not to love about dressing up and going door to door for free candy?? My mom successfully made a huge deal about every holiday and it made for such a happy childhood. My boys are still little, but we're trying our best to get them excited and involved in holiday festivities. This year neither boy wanted anything to do with carving pumpkins, but both were delighted with the resulting jack-o-lanterns. I love having kids and watching them grow up! We had our friend Matt over yesterday for pizza with us and then he ever so graciously manned our front porch with candy duty so that Nathaniel and I could take the boys over to our old neighborhood and around our cul-de-sac. After the door-to-door goodness, the boys both crashed and the adults played Cities and Knights. I won. By a lot. Just have to put that in there. It was a great Halloween!


Cameron was Superman and William was Thomas the train. We lucked out this year. I got Cameron's costume at a ward kid-swap and a neighbor gave us William's costume! Nathaniel and I threw in our own costume contribution to the boys by spraying their hair blue. :)


Going door to door. Every time someone would answer and open their door William would walk right in! Silly kid. I think he thought that we kept going to visit friends. What a social boy.

We started our night visiting dear friends, Mark, Jenni, and their little one Luke (the cutest Frankenstein you've ever seen). Mark was dressed as a tourist. William ever so smoothly traded his Thomas hat for Mark's hat and light up lei. My little tourist Thomas.

Checking out that first precious candy bar.

2 comments:

Cami said...

Cute! How I love a tired kid in a costume. Fun Halloween!

Amber said...

Super fun. Man I love your new house. Your boys are handsome.