Tuesday, December 21, 2010

laying low in the snow

After FINALLY recovering from all of the illnesses snow hit our little spot of the country big time. We've been largely house-bound as it's hard to track all 3 little monsters in the big snow!

William tricked me. He sweetly said "Mommy, can I paint Handy Manny?" Five minutes later I went up to check on Andrew and came down to my little artist in action. What could I do, but supply a mirror to make sure his whiskers got to their desired location? My silly boy.
--click to admire--
Sunday church was canceled. Big bummer-- especially for this momma who missed church the two weeks before that due to sick kids. I'm ready to get out of the house! We spent the morning hanging out in our jammies sipping hot chocolate and playing in the toy room. I'm working on the art of rotating toys, so for the extra day stuck inside I busted out some of the toys they haven't seen in a while. The busy ball popper was a hit, as usual. Best $20 investment ever.

5 comments:

Aubrey said...

So much cuteness in that square! And I'm excited that the ball popper is a cool item -- it's what we got Kate for Christmas! :)

Mandy said...

ha, I have that ball popper and I HATE IT! THE BALLS GO EVERYWHERE! but....perhaps I could drag it out again and the boys would love it....it's worth a try at least...

Miss M said...

I totally agree. The ball popper is a great investment. It provides hours of entertainment.

I'm happy to hear your family is feeling better and sorry to hear you're stuck at home.

Kellie said...

I've had fun finally catching up on your blog. I love the red owl hats. I made so many owl-cabled items for my little ones. What a fun pattern. Your photos are so great!

Amber said...

What a creative kid painting his face. You are a good mommy. Your boys are all so cute.