William is a wonderful baby. He has a very sweet temperament and is a very alert baby. I can't believe that he will already be 3 weeks old tomorrow! Time does fly (when you're not swollen and very pregnant). He has grown so much and every day seems to bring something new, though sleep is not one of them. William's favorite place to sleep is on his tummy on mommy or daddy's chest. The bassinet doesn't seem to be all that thrilling to him. Every time I lay him down in it he "spits up." I'm trying to be brave and try the crib in his nursery, I'm just so worried that he'll spit up, or do something and need me and I won't hear him. Am I just a neurotic new mother? Probably. Sleep is something that I figure will come with time. I'm supposing that the sleep deprivation is one of those things that fades with time like the memory of the pain of contractions... it's all just time's way of tricking us into having more than one child. Sneaky!
We're all doing very well. My sister Tamar and mom were out these past two weeks and it was absolutely wonderful to have the extra hands around. Now, it's back to the little 3 Hancocks. We're all very happy and well! I'll try to get more pictures on here soon!


14 comments:
He's so beautiful! I'm not sure I'm actually over the sleep deprivation part, unfortunately :)
I love that last picture..he's gorgeous..or handsome..whichever. Anyway, you're definately not any different than a lot of mothers I know..one being me. I was completely paranoid about Nat spitting up on her back and I'd always have to make sure she was breathing..I actually still do that..I check on her and don't leave until I can see her breathing..crazy me. Anyway, I'm glad things are going well. He's so beautiful. It's good to hear from ya! I'll talk to you later
He's a beautiful baby Fiz. I got your picture in the mail yesterday. Thank you! I wubba your little family!
He is so cute. Apparently he does sleep sometimes--and I'm really good at getting babies to go to sleep, so if you need a baby-holder...
Oh he is so precious! Thanks for posting new pictures we check everyday! The sleep does come and I never thought it would. Hang in there please call when you want to get together. Amber
Yay more photos! I check every day. What a handsome lil guy. I hope everything is going well. I hope to talk to you soon but I won't call. It seems the minute you finally get them into a deep sleep the phone rings and wakes them up! - or even worse, wakes you up! Take care, Luv ya!
Jess
Congrats!!!!
He is such a cutie! I am glad everything is going well! I hope you aren't too sleep deprived:)
What a cute little man! I just want to squeeze him ( in a soft cuddly way of course!) It almost makes me want another one..... okay, maybe not!!!! he, he, he!!!! loves to the Hancock family!
That's one of the beauties of not having to be anywhere most of the time. You can sleep. I read an article where a friend of the family offered to stay up the night with the baby to let the new parents sleep. It was a terrible night for him, and the mother didn't sleep either. I figure it's built in to mothers, survival of the species.
1 week post-partum: you can't believe so many people are on the earth.
5 weeks post-partum: all is forgiven (or is it forgotten) and you can't believe how anyone could not want to have such a cute and beautiful baby. God bless you. Lucinda
4 kids later and I still check for rising and falling chests when they sleep longer then expected. I think you're doing great. He is beautiful! I loved taking pics of him too!
How adorable is that William!? And he smells good, too--I can attest! I pray your sleep deprivation subsides soon, Felicity! We need to play/quilt.
How wonderful! He's a little angel. I hope we get to meet him soon.
I love your pictures! You got in so close, what kind of camera were you using?
I love that baby! He is so sweet, even after being tortured by two women with cameras!
I love the bottom picture!
Post a Comment