Sunday, July 27, 2008

Playing with the camera!

We had a pretty good weekend! Just busy... but don't ask me what I did. That whole pregnant=forgetful thing is 100% true for me. I lost my watch this week and then found it after I washed the whites... IN the washer. Honestly. I feel like my brain is slipping away the closer I get to the due date. Oh well! Other than that I feel great, just big! I swear I'll get a belly picture up soon.
I've been trying to find moments when William is distracted so I can take his picture without him trying to attack the camera. Here are some of my favorites. Though I still generally have no clue what I am doing, I'm having fun.

This picture looked good on the little screen... but if you'll notice, his left elbow and arm are in focus while his head is blurry! Oh well. He's my sweet piano loving child. He doesn't even (always) just sit and BANG. He likes to pick out notes to try to copy Mommy. He's been very into copying lately... My favorite was trying to copy Daddy putting pomade in his hair.
To kill time in evenings and to beat the heat (and water the lawn... look how multi-tasking we are!) I turn on the hose and let William have at it. He thinks it's hysterical when the water hits him in the face and especially when it hits Mommy in the face.
Pointing at the camera.
Looking at the airplane.My attempts at being artistic... I just set the camera to the automatic macro feature for this one. It's off-centered... but in my defense I was dodging a toddler with a hose.


5 comments:

Christie said...

What a cute boy. Your light looks good in the hose ones, good job! Keep at it.

Tracy said...

Those are great pictures. Now this week you get to go shopping for a new watch!

Cami said...

YAY! Good shots! Cute little W. And don't worry, off-center is good! Next time totally off-center it. It's so hard to focus on the right thing when it all looks ok in the viewfinder!

Unknown said...

YOu are well on your way my dear! Keep going - it's so fun! :)
My kids Know better than to squirt me with the hose. If they do, I tackle the hose away from them and hose THEM down! Works wonders!;)

Annie said...

those are are so cute! miss you guys!