Last weekend we found a William-sized bike with training wheels for $17. Bargain! William picked it up quickly and finds JOY in riding that thing everywhere. Unfortunately, today riding privileges were taken away. Seems the language barrier is finally entering the scene at William's school and he's taken to biting. *sigh*. Hopefully we can get past this phase soon.
Funny story: While unpacking William found a little framed picture of Nathaniel, taken in his prime days of body building. William showed Nathaniel and said "muscles, daddy! muscles! Oh look (pointing at N's posing trunks)! Daddy has a clean diaper! " haha! We're still working on #2 potty training (TMI?), and we read a lot of this book. My boys have it memorized and lots of phrases from it have entered their daily vocab. Silly.
Little man went a whole day yesterday without a nap and then crashed at 5. He's completely jealous of W's bike-- but poor kid, just doesn't have the leg length yet to work the other means of toddler transportation that we have. (Santa is looking into getting him a balance bike.) He's also very anxious to start school. I keep telling him, "only 11 more months, baby!" He desperately tries to change his shoes and take off his jacket each day with William. It makes me laugh and breaks my heart at the same time. He's so grown up for his very young age! Yesterday we were eating cookie dough and I told him he couldn't have any more because it would give him a tummy-ache. He came up to me 45 seconds later and said "mommy, I want a tummy-ache!" I love the way their minds work. :)

1 comment:
Definitely get the balance bike! We got the kettler one from toys r us, it was only 30 euroes during a Christmas sale. I love that it's metal, not wood, so it's more durable. Our boys LOVE the balance bike!!!
Post a Comment