I hardly even need to tell you that this city was beautiful. But I will anyway. It was beautiful. Since I fell off the wagon with my "thankful" posts I'll list a few now: I'm thankful for Veterans (my grandfathers and brother included), for a paid day off work, for a reliable van, for portable DVD players, for 'Max and Ruby', and for euro pastries (though my diet plan isn't quite as thankful for those-- good thing I have BOB to help me through my weaknesses!).
He does not look 2-years-old in this picture. He is telling me "I don't want you to take a picture, mom!" He really is growing up fast.
My sister gave me this hat a few years ago. William found it a while ago when we busted out the winter gear and completely hijacked it. So funny. It has a pom-pom on it and everything. At least it's blue?
Sweet Andrew is hiding on the other side of Cameron. This is in the main market square, that has quite the history and in a few weeks will also have an awesome Christmas market. Perhaps we'll have to make a trip back there.

Nathaniel sported Andrew in the bjorn and William got a free ride for a bit. With the hat covering his eyes, he fell sound asleep in about 15 minutes and ended up sleeping for most of our visit to Rothenburg. Made for a very peaceful trip, especially after Cameron fell asleep too! (Again, here is Cameron telling me to not take a picture.)We couldn't pass up a visit to the criminal and law museum. It had a horrifying amount of antique torture devices, punishment tools, medieval law books/decrees/etc. Very fascinating.
A witches chair. Supposedly this was more of a scare tactic than an actual torture device. Let's hope.
There were a lot of various masks that people were forced to wear for varying offenses such as gossip, slander, behaving as a fool, etc. This one was for people who acted 'piggish'. haha!




6 comments:
Oh wow! These picture make me feel like I was there yesterday. It looks so familiar. Oh and we steered very clear of the torture museum. I Hate stuff like that. Did you try the schneeballs that everyone told us were so good? We weren't impressed. Looks like you all are having a great time! Especially if the boys feel asleep. Yea!!
Amazing!!! Thank you for sharing all the little details.
(The pastel buildings are exactly the colors of mini marshmallows! Look again. I love it!)
There are so many beautiful places in Germany. I glad you get to explore more and more of it. The Christmas markets are very cool. LT and I enjoyed seeing them last year.
amazing. i love that the chastity belt has almost a heart shape at the top! ha!
and you need to advise me on how to get pictures of 8-month-olds! i cannot get a decent picture of m where she's not grabbing for the camera or blurry because she's moving! yours are awesome. i haven't commented but i've looked through your recent posts. love it.
waffles with whipped cream... life is hard. :) thanks for the cultural commentaries too.
That looks GORGEOUS! Well, not the chastity belt, but you get the idea.
Post a Comment