Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Zurich

August 10
Zurich is the cleanest city I remember ever visiting. ALL of the cities fountains are safe for drinking! ... that isn't to say that they taste great, but still!

 One of the canals that runs through town. I couldn't believe how clear it the water was!

Tamar and I loved this front porch. :) 

 And this roof. :)

 The cathedral there. T, C and A listening reverently to ... the dude throwing away old flower arrangements. 

I'll expose my ignorance here, but apparently this city had something to do with Winston Churchill...but I had no idea what until literally 10 seconds ago when I googled it (*love* google!)... he gave a famous speech on the topic of the tragedy in Europe, apparently at the building near that plaque above. Brilliant. 





Goofball, himself! 

I loved the detail on these doors. This church was fascinating. It had elaborate and extremely varied stain glass windows. It also had a massive statue of Charlemagne. I think this was a "no pictures inside" place. Boo. I hate those places!

 Snack break.

 Coolin' off the tootsies. 

When we went down to let W cool off his feet (he got a huge blister on his feet), a Swan swum up quite close to us. The only remotely bird-friendly snacks I had with us were Teddy Grahams. Let the record show, Swans love Teddy Grahams... the cinnamon variety, I can't vouch for the Honey flavor! ;) They devoured the whole pack ... between all 7 swans and various ducks that came over. Very cool to see the swans so close up!

Hi, to get to our hotel, drive your gondola right up to our own private little pier. 
I wish. So. Awesome. 

No comments: