Friday, October 05, 2007

Sleep

Sorry for all the posts- playing catchup during W's morning nap.

Our bed here sucks. Either side of the bed has a little dip in it and it feels almost like one of those cheap camping beds you'd find in an outdoor cabin in Tahoe. Also- as you can see in the below picture- N and I each get our own blanket. This might sound appealing initially- but it's actually quite a pain- the covers get twisted all which way and you never know in the night whose blanket you're grabbing. In the morning Nathaniel and I wake up achey and stiff!The twin bed in W's room is great. It's like a giant foam camping bed with no springs. It's soo much more comfortable! Our bedrooms here don't have doors. They have curtains (apparently this is very Euro... but I CANNOT see the great perk to this). At night we can hear William's every whimper, *sigh*, and even roll-over. So. At night when he makes any noise at all it wakes me up out of my 1/2 sleep on my crummy bed and I go in to hold/nurse/pat his bum/find his binkie. Being without my faithful rocker-glider at home, I laydown on the twin bed with him to comfort him.... and I promply fall asleep. Then I have to wake up AGAIN to put him back in his bed and go back into my own bed and fall asleep again. Since I wake up to every little thing he does, I find myself getting up 1/2 dozen times a night and I feel like I'm not really getting any sleep! Any fabulous tips out there?

3 comments:

Miss M said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sleep thing. I TOTALLY understand it though. O isn't sleeping through the night yet and you would think after a year I would be used to it. NOPE! It does get better though. And it won't be long before you guys are home again in your good bed.
we love you
L, M, n' O

Ali said...

Uggh. I feel your pain about not sleeping. Sarah was such a good sleeper a few months ago, but she has regressed. She wakes up several times a night and Lauren likes to wake up also!! Arrgh. Lauren wakes up during the time when I could actually get a good amount of sleep. So I only get about 2 hours, but never a deep sleep. And I can't sleep with my babies near me either. One idea that you probably won't like is to use a sound machine. If you can find one they make white noise, rain, and other soothing sounds. It might help drown out the noise. Good luck!

Marc said...

It's all about the Dream Feed... ask Melbo. It saved us.