Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Do you cuckoo?

Yesterday was our anniversary! Three years has flown by, but also somehow seems like 30 years. It just feels like we've always been together. I love it!
To celebrate, Nathaniel surprised me and took William and I down to the Black Forest! The town is known for their clocks and is home to the largest cuckoo clock and also the tallest waterfall. We didn't make any clock purchases though. Most of the clocks start around 300 euro ($450USD) and frankly- we just don't like them that much.
William and Nathaniel outside the shop of 1000 clocks.
Dinner at the restaurant. William is so good in a highchair now!

We asked for a "kinderbed" and this is what we got, an enormous rocking cradle. I started laughing! Can anyone say accident waiting to happen? It would have been great about 3 months ago though!
The little monster trying to eat the camera.
This was as high as we could hike. They had the rest closed off because of the ice.





Silly boys!!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you had a really fun trip!

Angela said...

Happy Anniversary!! What an awesome trip!

Cynthia said...

Happy Anniversary! Okay, you guys need to stop having so many exciting outings or you will never come back to us in lil' old Maryland. :)

Cami said...

Happy Anniversary! I love that hat and all the pictures are so cute.

Christie said...

Again, looks so cool.... Happy Anniversary! You all look quite cold out there hiking

Mandy said...

aw, looks like you had a blast!!! Loved the pics. Yeah, we have been to that cuckoo clock shop before, I fell in love with some of them but not enough to take out a loan for it! ;-) I also love W's hat, sooo cute.

Amy said...

Happy Anniversary! I love checking in to hear how you guys are doing.

Anonymous said...

What a cute couple. I can't believe you didn't spend $500 on a clock. Happy Anniversary!

Rick said...

Happy anniversary - we're past 28 years - almost to the real 30 year mark - now that does seem like a long time.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary my dear! Merry Christmas - I love you!

Minta said...

This made me soooo happy to see! I love you all so much and look forward to getting to know you more Felicity!
Love your cous,
Minta