Monday, March 01, 2010

1 week old

It's amazing what a week can do. My body has had an incredible recovery--best yet. In the hospital when I was freaking out with the pain I was almost regretting not signing up for the optional c-section (wouldn't have made it to that date anyway), but as soon as I was in that recovery room I was so pleased. It was worth those 2 hours of misery (poor me and my quick labor, right?) to not have the c-section recovery. I think about that every time Cameron or William jump on my stomach. I'm up and around and feeling pretty good, though a lot emotional. Andrew is a precious, mild-tempered baby. He's been sleeping for at least 23 hours a day until last night and he stayed awake for 2 hours in a row. Two nights last week he even slept for a 4-hour segment! What a good baby, looking out for his momma's sanity... especially as his older two brothers have been getting up too (*sigh*). The big boys are anxious to play with him.. William offers him all his toys, and Cameron tries to bounce his head like a basketball when Andrew is sitting in the baby bouncer... We have to keep a close eye on them! Both big boys like to slime his baby hair with kisses though. It's incredible to be here, in this phase of life. Three baby boys. It's amazing... and I'm trying to just focus on that and not the 'overwhelming' part of it all. :)
Stretch! My friend Jeri bought this onesie for me back when I was pregnant with William. It ended up never getting worn by William or Cameron, but finally little Andrew gets to wear it. I love and adore it. When Andrew gets a little fatter, it will look even sweeter.
William wanted in on the photo shoot with 'baby brover', but poor Andrew was already done by then.

They must see something interesting here that I don't...
We took pictures of my big boys on this when they were newborns. I pulled it out so it would be handy should I find motivation to get some of Andrew. Cameron couldn't resist the blanket's Telly Monster type lovableness and jumped right on it and tried to swim. Such a silly boy

5 comments:

Lucinda said...

So sweet. I'm glad you are feeling better so quick. It is such a precious time, to have so many babies, before the boyhood antics begin in earnest. I can just see the three-way boxing matches and sword fights. I know what you mean about emotions. Aghh! I definitely am a contender for "most emotional" in this family of crying babies. It's hard to ignore the overwhelming-alert. God bless you.

Jeri said...

I saw that onesie and thought, "THAT'S who I bought it for, I bought it for Andrew!"

You are doing a fantastic job with the photos Felicity! I have to admit I am jealous though...when is my turn? I'll text you.

Good to hear things are going well.

Mandy said...

Aw, Andrew is adorable! Congrats on the quick healing--I agree, your body can bounce back sooo fast after a minimally invasive delivery. And I AM so jealous of your two hours of pain--if you remember my delivery of Jack (of course you did, you were taking care of Sam!! :-), it was a whopping 23 hours before he was finally born ;-) Here's to hoping this delivery goes more quickly. maybe when my time comes you can give me some techniques to cope with the overwhelmed-by-three-little-boys part...

Lora said...

Felicity,
You may not remember me, but I'm Robert Ricks' little sister, and yes, I have been blog stocking you! Congratulations! Andrew is a looker. In fact, your whole family is beautiful! I'm glad your recovery is going well.

Lora Hulbert

P.S. Great photos all around!

melbo said...

I hate not knowing what's going on! Congratulations!!! Sorry it's such a belated one. (If Marc knew about Andrew's arrival then he's in big trouble!) I'm so glad you're recovering well, with those 3 little guys you're a supermom! I hope your energy and sanity keep up. :) I can't wait to meet the little bugger!