Tuesday, May 25, 2010

BEST Day


Poppy and Grammy were here for the past couple days. My boys adored them right away (and asked about them first thing this morning. They're sure going to miss them!). Yesterday we thought there would be rain and planned an inside activity going to the Science Center in Baltimore.
It was awesome. Cameron apparently has a real love for dinosaurs, or "abetores" as he calls them (Grammy had to figure that one out). He was giddy! It was hilarious. I'll try to get up some videos from the day later. The boys were a little tired, but pretty good all day! Andrew was an angel, and slept in the sling most of the time. I love my little boys!

Cameron checking out an 'abetore' nest.

Next up after dinosaurs were: blue crab, turtles and how cars work-- mild response from the boys. Then we reached the kid room. Holy smokes, this place was great. I think we played at this water table for a full 45 minutes.

Cameron and Poppy fishing
After lunch at the Science Center we took a walk along the harbor and then came upon this gem. Good thing Grammy had suggested bringing an extra set of clothes for the boys! They were so funny running around in there that they drew their own crowd of on-lookers who laughed every time the boys did. So. Much. Fun. I wanted to run in there with them. Next time I'll have to bring Mommy a change of clothes too.


To make the day completely perfect, we stopped for ice cream at Ben & Jerry's before heading home.

Poppy and Andrew

After all the kid fun, the whole lot of us had naps then N and I went out on a date! Awesome. We'll miss you Poppy & Grammy!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

YAY! So glad you had fun. We love it there.

Mandy said...

woah, that's like the MOST PERFECT DAY EVER for little boys! I wish Baltimore wasn't so far from us. Wonder if there is a place like that around here....

Rob & Julie said...

Too fun! I have a 5-y.o. niece who is really into paleontology and fossils, etc, and she calls herself a "girl scientist.. -rob

Amber said...

That sounds so fun! I am glad you had such a great day and went out on a date!! You can't beat that. You look great.

Christie said...

Glad you liked the Science center!

Cami said...

I love fountains like that! The science center looks awesome.