Cameron is my ever-ready helper! Unfortunately, at this age, he's usually less of a 'help', but we try to let him, and he's always eager to do whatever momma is doing. *notice the fancy faux-tile walls*
Not long after this, the entire bathroom looked like what you see above the shower. And right about then is when I also had to drive Charity to the train station. How did I let her talk me into this? We obviously SERIOUSLY underestimated the scope of this 'little' project. I kept saying "Nathaniel is gonna KILL me", but I was reassured that since it was my birthday, he couldn't. She was right, though had it been any other day, I'm not so sure. ;)
All the junk scraped off and ready to start rehabilitation of my poor naked walls.Here is documentation of my progress, thus far (most done after kids are in bed for the night). Still lots to do, but lots has been done.
after! This area was last night's accomplishment.A big thanks to "24" for completely addicting my husband to it's craziness so that he has some entertainment while I putty away. Tonight, the toilet comes out. Then: sanding and puttying behind toilet, sponge-sanding the entire bathroom, touch-ups, taping, painting primer and base color, replace toilet, caulking, replacing tiles that were broken in the "tear up the walls" phase (UGH), replacing mirror and medicine cabinet, then... just sit. and be done. forever. (or until the next ill-timed project I choose..).






3 comments:
i LOVE it!! you're the handiest house-wife that i know!!! love you sis!
That's so awesome. Jeej and I are similar in this respect. I really try to respect his "let's not tear the house apart" instinct. Gotta say, the "Jeej will kill me if I do..." has kept me out of many a house project. Though once when I was really anxious to get our new toilet installed, I couldn't resist the temptation to get rid of the horribly stained one, as soon as the kids were all asleep. But all the hardware stores were closed when I realized that I needed a few things (had to replace the supply line because the old toilet tank was lower than the new one.) Anyway, we only have the one bathroom, I'm glad Jeej was patient through it all. And I was sooooo glad to get rid of that horrible old toilet.
WOW i really can't believe you did this. You are seriously crazy. Awesome job, though! I bet greg wishes I was half as handy as you are!!!
Post a Comment