Friday, October 15, 2010

Hello, Fall!

Yesterday evening we took a walk to a park that Nathaniel passes on his runs and that he has been gushing about for weeks. It met and exceeded expectations. Beautiful and fun!


Thanks to Aunty Cher for the coordinating outfits!
Thanks to Nathaniel for pushing the swing over and over again, and making the boys laugh.


Cameron made his own track to run around. Jump the fence, then run to the other end of it and back to his designated jumping point.


Dearest Andrew. He's already discovered something his brothers haven't been able to pull off: an effective stall-tactic to delay bedtime. What does he do? He coos, giggles, and touches my face. Makes me melt every time. I beg him to tone down the adorableness, but he's relentless I tell ya!


William.... had a rough day yesterday.





Nathaniel took this picture. He is very proud of it. Please gush over it. ;)
It is our virtual postcard picture to all of you saying "consider yourselves invited to come sit on this bench with us."

Riding around in style.


*On the face painting: William's kindergarten is a very Montessori type approach. There is little structure except for an opening/closing circle time. If the kids want to paint, then a teacher will supervise. They asked me at the beginning if I minded if he painted his face/skin and I said it was fine. Usually he only paints his arms and then washes it off before home. This was the first time he had his face painted. He told me another boy did it. He gets so happy and proud every time he sees the pictures ("Mommy! Look at my paint!"). I think it looks like he fell into a paint puddle. Fortunately, before I saw him, I was warned by a little girl with pink and black strips all down her face. All the paint came off quickly with just one baby wipe. :)

6 comments:

Mandy said...

Gosh, I really miss German parks. Really. Love the corn stalks right behind the park! Awesome pictures.

ZaRose and Persephone said...

love matchy outfits!!
that looks like the greatest swing EVER! Miss you sis!

Jacque said...

These pictures are really beautiful. First of all the beautiful people, next the scenery. Great photography!

Kellie said...

What a lovely, lovely day.

T J V said...

Dude, I want that swing! It's like a papasan and swing all mixed together, awesome! So awesome that you have so many cool parks nearby.

Cami said...

Nathaniel! AMAZING picture!! GREAT JOB!!! (how was that?)

Seriously, that all looks heavenly.