Thursday, December 08, 2011

Speyer


Pronounce that "sh-pie-uh". :) Love German, right?

The boys and I have visited Speyer before to go to their aquarium with Annie. It is a cute little city! On the drive down that time I remembered passing a museum with airplanes everywhere! Made a mental note to return some day... and forgot. Until a few weeks ago. Nathaniel had a day off so we set off for adventures as a little family. :) We had so much fun here at the museum (which was part 1 of our day-- part 2 to come shortly). Planes, trains, and automobiles are right up our alley!

Why do kids do this? "Mom! take a picture of me like this!" x 100 (all in the same pose).


William's Angry face. So. Unfortunate (and hilarious).


Ah! A much sweeter face. Naturally. The child is conducting a train!


Um. I'm so glad my camera fits in my purse...


There were a few of these carnival-type organ things that rotated in which played. We were walking right above this one when it started up. Cameron started dancing and when I turned to take his picture he immediately struck this pose:
So. Silly!
He was copying a picture from Halloween that we had up on our computer desktop for quite a while:

Such a classic picture. I have no clue why William struck that pose, but it cracked me up when Cameron tried to copy it (he almost got it!). Cameron is crying because hours after this picture he came down with a fever (later found out he had a double ear infection-- poor boy!).


... Back to the Technik Museum!
This is a giant Luftansa jet that they have raised HIGH up in the air. If you hike up to the platform there is a super fast slide down to the bottom. If you hike up one more set of stairs you can climb around three levels in the plane. They positioned the plane at an angle.... and it was a bit terrifying. You can even walk out onto one of the wings... as in YOU could... I didn't.

Facing the back of the plane

While Cameron and I hiked up to the plane, Nathaniel took William for his first driving lesson.... good thing he still has 12 years to learn. He was terrible. *wink*

I have about 8 pictures like this. Why, child? Why? Okay... it is a little cute.

Angel boy.. finally freed from the stroller.

Poor kid has to wait 4 more years to be old enough to ride this. He took the news pretty well though!


I'm a lucky girl. :)

We found some smaller go-carts that I ran around the course with the boys helping them steer. They seemed to get the hang of it for their last lap. Such fun!

No comments: