Saturday, August 24, 2013

Day 2 : Ste Mère-Église

May 21

Alright-- the moving and unpacking are done! So... back to this dusty ol' blog. :) For Miss Jackie. 


The next Normandy Stop was at Saint Mère-Église; one of the first landing sites by allied forces and a city most noted for a parachuter who landed and got stuckt on the church steeple. He played dead for hours until he was eventually discovered by a German soldier, but was later set free after the city was liberated by landing Allied troops. 

A friendly greeter to a local restaurant. ;) 

Outside one of the museums. 

As Nathaniel, Abby, and I walked by this we each commented on how this mannequin's eyelashes looked like Cameron's. :)

My precious boy by a tank.

I thought that the airplanes were fascinating (my grandfather was a pilot during WWII). There were 3 or 4 different intact planes to admire. 

A mannequin parachuter still stuck up on the church steeple. 

A photo of the original church steeple lander. 

Inside the church.

I love statues of Mary. I think they're so beautiful. 

No comments: