Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Bye, Bye, Binkie....

Yes, friends. William has given up his pacifier. Maybe it had to do with being sick this weekend or just feeling like a big boy, but he's made it known that he is through with it. It's great for the long run, but made short run "get the baby to stop crying" episodes a bit more difficult. Our little baby is growing up so fast!
Yesterday William climbed his first stair. It was so funny to watch him try to figure it out! Last night he slept for 6 1/2 hours in a row! He hasn't slept longer than 5 hours in a row since we've been here. We both woke up very happy.

His adorable binkie strap will have to go on a toy now. That's his favorite part of that one anyway.
When William hears that wardrobe door open- he's on his way. What could be greater than chewing on dad's sandals?!
Last night Nathaniel was in charge of bath time...

9 comments:

Cami said...

What the . . . the KID gave up his binky?? Man, that is a serious miracle. I wish that would happen to me.

If Nathaniel was going to get IN the bath, he could have just gotten IN the bath with the kid! But I guess that works too. :)

We were putting together the talent show video last night and we watched you guys. Are you going to be home in March so you can participate again?? You guys always do something fun.

Unknown said...

You are lucky parents....giving up the bink willingly???? That is a MAJOR ordeal at our house!!!!:) I am once again totally bummed that I missed your call - DANG IT!!!! Our times must be way opposite!!!:) Thanks for trying though - it made me smile to hear you! love you!

Erin said...

Good job William!

Luckily, Anna never took to the binky so we won't have to deal with the issue of getting rid of it.

Amber said...

Yeah William! Felicity that is going to be so great that you don't have to fight with him to give up the binky.

I love that Nathaniel is in the bath but not in the bath. That is great at least he did it right!

So the missionaries were over for dinner and needed someone who spoke French and Spencer was so excteid to tell the Nathaniel did. I said yeah but they won't be home for a while still.....Spencer was like no wait I thought they were supposed to be home in December! He was sad and so am I. We miss you keep posting so we can see you guys.

I am also so happy William slept longer for you every 30 min. counts.

Christie said...

I can't believe he just gave it up like that.... all 4 took binkies and not one gave it up willingly. And Cami, If Nathaniel did get IN the tub, we wouldn't have gotten a picture... :-)

Anonymous said...

He's a man now! No binky. You might as well ship him off to college. That's great you didn't have to fight with him for it. Tell Nathaniel to at least take off his shirt if he's going to be in the bath -- it'd be a better picture :)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you got some sleep, I know how GREAT that feels!! Yeah, Sam thinks Greg's stinky old Birkenstocks are pretty tasty too. yuck!

Aly said...

Felicity, I love reading your blog. That picture of Nathaniel and William in the bathtub is priceless. Congrats on losing the binky. I have a friend struggling to get it away from her three year old! Craziness, huh! Love, Aly

Ali said...

wow. Lauren didn't give hers up until 2 1/2! Amazing.