We had a very busy first day in Paris!

Le Centre Pompidou- a fancy building that was built to have the ugly stuff on the outside and only the beautiful on the inside.

Notre Dame

Inside the cathedral

Posing with my pain
au chocolat
Nathaniel, clearly in his element
The Louvre

As we're walking past this painting Nathaniel says with a straight face,"I'm glad
I don't have to go to battle naked." Um. yah. Me too, honey.

The Mona Lisa. We all know what it looks like, and though I was excited to see the
real thing, I thought that the swarm around it was most picture worthy.

William giving kisses

This woman was painting an AMAZING duplicate!

The first mummy I've ever seen! So cool and creepy at the same time.

Games dating back to 3000 b.c.!

William kept trying to touch the statue when we tried to get him to pose. Such an active child!

Obelisk (swiped from Egypt) and the
Eiffel Tower

I offered to take a picture for an
Aussy rockstar-looking couple (so funny- you should have seen the woman's pose) so they offered to take ours.

poor man.

Arche
de Triomphe
Upward view of the arche
William has no idea how pampered he is. We took an elevator part of the way up the arche and then had to carry the stroller the rest of the way. The view was amazing- all of Paris!
Helllllo shopping. It is sale week in France- I took full advantage and got some super cute clothes for William. Somehow I'm just not interested in clothes for myself... maybe still a post pregnancy thing.

Voila.

Ahh... what would a trip to France be without a trip to a dictionary store for my beloved dictionary addict?

William kept himself entertained for about 20 minutes pushing this thing around the bathroom in our hotel room.
12 comments:
that's awesome..i would love to go to paris someday..that's funny on the video when he started chewing on the curtain i said eeewww right before you said that's gross. what a cute kiddo..looks like you guys are having fun. talk to you later.
Ah memories of Paris! It is a great place to visit. It looks like you did a TON of the touristy stuff too! I'm excited for you guys to play there. Keep taking lots of pictures and posting them. We miss you guys. Maybe I'll see you in May.
Love
M
there is so much I need to comment on. Love the pictures, what a place. I also am glad that i don't have to go to battle naked, The bathroom looks like it is one big shower, and TOO funny that he played so long with that thingy!!! LOL. What fun!
This is all so awesome. First off, the mummy--is that the feet? Gross. Second, Dicoland?? That's seriously cool. And third, pain au chocolate . .. mmmmmmm . . .
Wow! That is quite a day! I went when I was in high school. I thought everthing was so cool (thanks to Mrs. Hewlett) but I was EXHAUSTED at the end of the day! You guys are so lucky to be traveling to some awesome places!
Beautiful pictures!!! Woman, you are brave to let him crawl around a bathroom! He looks like he's playing with a giant breast pad!! Hahaha! When are you guys coming back to the states?
What do you mean you haven't shopped for yourself? You're in Paris! Go shopping! It looks amazing. Battling naked,hmmmm...
Oh I miss you like crazy right now! Remember our "blah" days we used to have? Well, I have had several this week and i need my fizzy to help me through! I get so mad every time I miss your calls! I was at church when you called on Sunday - bummer! I just want you to know that i love you!
I am so jealous!! I am glad you are loving Paris and thanks for sharing your fun with all of us. Someday I will be able to go. I love all the pictures William is getting so big I love the one of him kissing daddy :-)
Love the pictures. I have so enjoyed my vicarious travels around Europe with you and your family. I'm glad you're enjoying yourselves!
What a wonderful trip! Love the pictures Felicity! So many funny ones!
I am SO GLAD to see you that you went to PARIS!! I was just telling Kevin that I hoped you guys would make the trip. I know how much that probably meant for you guys. Oh, that we too could travel...Not yet, but in the future. ABSOLUTELY! :)
Post a Comment