Tuesday, May 03, 2011

The table won...

Man, oh man. WHAT am I going to do with these boys? A year ago Cameron took a dive on our end table. Yesterday afternoon Andrew did the same thing.... with the same table (which has since been banished to the basement). Cameron got 5 stitches. The doctors here didn't want to do stitches on Andrew which would stress the poor baby out and really just cause more pain so they used steristrips. I was alarmed at first by the lack of intervention (not kidding-- what's the matter with me?). Though, it's actually much calmer to look at your babies head and not see little black knots of thread holding it together! It was a very deep cut and while I originally loaded the pre-bandage picture... I think I'll just spare you all. It's pretty. dang. gross. Send a note on up to heaven to add some baubles to that thrown for me, mmkay? ;)

3 comments:

Spencer and Amy Shumway said...

Poor Andrew! It's sad when the little ones get hurt. I think it is the season for ER visits. I just took Rex in and got his chin glued. Hope he feels better soon!

Jeri said...

Noooooooooooooooooooooo.

=(

CJohnson said...

Forehead? I completely agree with the steristrips. I once fell off a high dive onto concrete and my mom applied some homemade butterfly bandages (same concept) and I was good as new in a week or so... fractured chin and all! :)