Tuesday, July 17, 2007

And then there were four.


Generations, that is.


William and I visited California this past week! We had a wonderful time. William had firsts upon firsts... first bounce on a trampoline, first time playing with horses (playing.. more like being sniffed by horses), first time putting his little toes in the Pacific, tasting mint chocolate chip ice cream (naughty Poppy), meeting cousins... it goes on and on. One of the highlight "firsts" was meeting William's Great-Grandma Mimi! Such a special thing to capture four generations at one time.

Many more firsts ahead now that we're in Utah. Currently... a cold. I gave my sweet boy a cold. He seems to be dealing better with it than I did though. We'll try to keep you posted as the adventures continue!


Me, Great-Grandmother Virginia Hill "Mimi", William, and Grandad Larick Hill "Poppy"

Another first: Getting measured on the family door frame. My first age mark on this door frame is at age 11.

6 comments:

Cami said...

cute! I love the doorframe measurements.

kristen said...

Hi! Don't know you, but was browsing through blogs and came across yours and just wanted to say your little one is adorable!

The Spiveys said...

You changed your blog! I like it. Good to see William is handling the trip well. Hopefully he gets over that pesky cold soon. Enjoy the rest of your trip! I bet you can't wait for N to join you (if he hasn't already).

Christie said...

So cute, grandparents are good at those first tastes of yummy foods. Good to hear from you, and you got me witht the title.... I did a little gasp. :-) I hope he shakes that cold before the flight home. Enjoy your trip.

Kellie said...

I am so glad you got a photo of that moment with your family. It will be a treasure. My grandmother is here with us this week and I have loved watching her with all her great-grandkids.

Auntie ~Helen~ said...

Hi Cute people,
I love your little baby, hope I can meet the little guy before he grows up too big---so sad we missed you in Provo by just a couple of days! Come visit us in Arizona again sometime, we loved having you and your amigo's for a visit. Loves,(Your favorite Aunt) XOXO Auntie ~Helen~