Tuesday, December 04, 2007

'Tis the season

If you've heard about winter in Europe, then you've heard about the Christmas Markets. Apparently world famous and fabulously festive, they're supposed to be the highlight of the cold months here. I think that the hype doesn't quite live up to the real thing, but they're still fun to go to. So far I have visited a smaller one in a near by city and last night my friend Teresa and I left the kids at home (except her youngest who still fits in the bjorn) and checked out the Frankfurt market. I was surprised at how many people were there on a weekday night- but mostly they were packed around the food stations drinking their "spiced" (read: spiked) cider. The little shops were neat- but unfortunately they all started closing soon after we got there. Oh well! I think that this sort of thing will be more fun and magical in a few years when I can live vicariously through William as he looks at the building size Christmas tree and carousel with awe and wonder. In the mean time- I grabbed a Christmas ornament for William and a nutella crepe (YUM) and had a wonderful evening out with a great friend.

Oh Tannenbaum, Oh Tannenbaum....


The stockings were hung by the curtains with care.....
William does this funny thing where he squishes up his nose and breathes in and out of it really fast. He's so funny! Nathaniel managed to capture that special face on camera.
Oh, such handsome boys!

This morning W managed to get stuck under the exersaucer. He'll always smile for the camera though! What a poser.... wonder where he gets it....


(Nathaniel in his modeling glory days)

10 comments:

Angela said...

Blue Steel!

Christie said...

Love the pictures, so fun to see William growing up. Does he like sweet potatoes, carrots and squash? his little nose is looking orangish. :-) Too cute

Amber said...

William is getting so big. I just want to pinch his chubby face. Oh I love your stockings did you make them??? I need a set :-)! Spencer says I better get knitting but I have a problem I don't knit! No really they are so cute. Love the poses of the boys :-) (Nathaniel you crack me up!)

Cami said...

That face is awesome. I know the breathing through the nose fast trick--it's AWESOME! The Christmas festivities sound great. It's cool that you get to be there during Christmas.

Corinne said...

MAN, I am jealous of that nutella crepe :)

The Spiveys said...

The infamous stockings!!!

The Favorite said...

Wow- those pictures were all awesome. The one of the christmas tree brings back memories. I loved the Weinachts Markt in Darmstadt, there were lots of different vendors. I'm still SOOO jealous that you're there. Love the stockings too!

Ali said...

Hey Fiz! I haven't talked to you forever! Seems like you guys are doing well! William is growing up so fast! He is such a handsome little man. I love your stockings. Wish I could make something fun like that.

Anonymous said...

That's an amazing tree! Such a cute baby face, and I love the crisp white shirt on your studly man!

Jeri said...

Where did your little baby go? He is getting so big! What a cool adventure you guys are having over seas. Enjoy it!