Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow and Potty Training

Alright-- here are the last of the snow pictures... until tomorrow anyway.

Icicles outside the nursery window... right before I knocked them all down. We didn't clean our gutters (naughty homeowners!) and I'm a bit nervous.
This is our back fence! That, friends, is some crazy snow. It's melted quite a bit since then, but not enough for us to venture out back anyway.

---------
So... a few weeks ago William was running around in his diaper and Nathaniel made the comment, "Ya know. He's starting to look too big for a diaper." And. He is. I've always just written off potty training (until this coming summer) because I don't think that he's quite ready yet, along with a number of other reasons (new baby and move coming up...). I still don't think that he's quite ready, but I still borrowed a book from a friend and I've decided to get the ball rolling. My goal isn't to get him trained by a certain time, but just to get the ideas going in his head. For kicks yesterday I put on his Thomas underwear. So funny. Cameron naturally needed to wear some too, though he kept wanting to wear it as a hat. It was hilarious. They kept looking at each others bums so they could see the trains and just dancing around. Such silly boys keep us well entertained!
My little monkey Cameron climbs all the way up on this stool and then yells out "I stuck!!" It terrifies me that he's going to fall. He's such a monkey!
The Thomas Underwear Dance.
Our growing boy. I can't believe he'll be 3 next month. He's dang smart too! Knows every single letter of the alphabet (thank you iPhone apps!)! I feel so lucky to be a mom. Many days, I go crazy at some point or another, but genuinely, I can't imagine anything better than having these little monsters in my life.

2 comments:

Jeri said...

I love the icicle picture.

Good luck with potty training. That is all I will say about that.

Spilter said...

They look so cute.
Amber