Sunday, May 08, 2011

Little Feet

Every time I talk to my mom and complain about the terrors that my children can be she gently reminds me that "they grow up so fast and believe it or not, you'll miss them at these ages." I'm sure she's right. Looking back at pictures of them just a year ago it's amazing to see how much they've grown and changed. A couple days ago at lunchtime I was standing ready to meet the next request that was thrown my way (juice, pirate plate, orange cup, blue fork, oranges cut the circle way....). It was a rare moment when they were all simply quiet and eating their food and my eyes drifted to all of their little feet. It might be silly, but I love these little feet and I love how they look sitting in these big chairs. It's a simple little thing that reminds me that even though they are growing up so fast, today they're still just my little boys. I'm grateful for each of these little monsters and that I get to be their mother.

Baby Andrew

Little boy Cameron
Big boy William (hopefully this will be the last shot of him in a diaper...)

4 comments:

Mandy said...

how sweet! I do LOVE little feet and have been known to take baby feet out of little footy sleepers just so I can look at them. So precious. Happy Mother's day Felicity!!!

Miss M said...

Happy Mothers Day Fizz. Those feet have made you the mom you are. I hope you get spoiled silly today.

Anonymous said...

There will be a LOT of things that I will miss. There's some stuff I won't miss, not one teensy tiny itty bitty bit...I don't care what they say.
Keep up the good work woman, you can do it! Lots of little kids is hard work.

Cami said...

Oh diapers. I'm back to them--or at least pullups. so sad. But it's true, they're not here forever! Pretty soon your boys will be BIG like mine and just be dudes. Sad times.