February 14
In honor of Charity's visit out here, we wanted to do one BIG trip. We let her pick-- and she chose Prague. I'm so glad she did, as it wasn't a city that was really on our radar as a place we 'must' visit.... and it's a dang cool city: not complicated, easily navigated, 90% of the people we met spoke English (BONUS!), and... the sidewalks are fancy (documentation available below).

Cameron was beside himself in anticipation.

*smile* I love this kid. He keeps me on my toes.... I just never know what he'll do when I bust out the camera.

Angel boy checking out his new Valentine's pen.

Our nobel driver.

A rare sighting of yours truly. *I was playing with the flip screen on my camera. :)

Charity-- even looks good on a road trip trapped in the backseat with 3 toddlers. Darn her.

SNOW. I *heart* snow. The woods along the drive were beautiful. Seriously, readers. Come to Europe. It's so. Beautiful.

We were stopped in traffic and so I rolled down the window, put on my new lens (*giddy!* I have the best husband who gives the best Valentine's day surprises!), and was just taking some shots of the trees for fun. I think I ended up looking like a goofball because...

This semi-truck-driving-dude honked, waved, and told me to take his picture. Too bad I missed the focus. ;)

Nathaniel found an awesome deal for our hotel. From it, we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see (which was a must when we're pushing around our posse on the BOB). We arrived in the evening, and this was the view from our room. :)

COOL sidewalks! These are the norm here, though they differ by block. Makes every other city in the world look so... lame.

A better shot of the church outside our hotel. Charity graciously offered to stay the first night in with our boys so Nathaniel and I could go out for dinner (she slept with all 3 boys in her room for our entire stay.. can you say HERO?).

Downtown. I was loving the snow! We ended up finding a TGI Friday's. I know-- unauthentic, but it was so fun for us. It was like we were in America and Czech Republic at the same time. :)
By contrast, here is what the same downtown looked at the next night:



9 comments:
Woof- I look tired. ;)
what? how was prague not on your "must visit list"? I thought it was on EVERYONE'S "must visit list", which is why is no longer awesome
I love cool sidewalks.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE William's shirt! I blew it up so I could read it....cute! Prague looks amazing....glad you had fun!
Those sidewalks are amazing! There was so much snow when we were there that I don't think you could ever even SEE the sidewalks. :)
I loved the drive there too. SO MUCH SNOW in those gorgeous evergreens.
What a nice outing! How long is the drive and how did the boys do? TGI Friday's is everywhere I swear!
Love William's shirt. Love that semi-truck driver. Love you guys.
Abby
My grandmother's family is from Prague and so it has been on my list since I was about three and understood where it was ;) So glad you got to see it! It looks just as beautiful as I'd imagined it would. SOMEDAY I will get there!!
Love it! I really do love that you were in TGIFridays. That's hilarious. It's like when I was in England and Joni was ALWAYS trying to find a good Mexican restaurant, but refused to try fish and chips. Very silly.
Post a Comment