Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Home

We've made it home! Horray! I did my best to appreciate the quiet time alone in the hospital, but it's divine to be back home with ALL my boys.


So... If you think Andrew's arrival took YOU by surprise, you may imagine my surprise waking up just past midnight Monday morning, looking at the clock, looking at it again every 3-5 minutes for about 20 minutes and realizing "oh my! he's coming!" I called my dear friend Carolyn to come over, called the doctor, and we left... even before Carolyn got here (though we passed her on the way out). I was wise to heed my mom's warning 'as soon as you know you're in labor, GO." By the time I got to the hospital the contractions were rolling one of top of the other and I was proclaiming to all that I was 'seriously going to DIE.' My hat off to all the 'natural' goers... I myself survive by the epidural alone, even if I was painfully (LITERALLY) disappointed in the effectiveness of this most recent one. In any case.. he's here and he's gorgeous. He has such a calm disposition thus far, but we'll see how that wears off in the next couple weeks. MANY THANKS to all of the FB and blog comments. It's incredible to feel the love. Many thanks also to those who have helped and offered their help. We appreciate it!

Andrew Alan Hancock

6lbs 1.2oz, 18 1/2 inches, 4:40am

Thankfully all of the boys have their daddy's nice tan complexion.

I adore this picture.

So... How did the big boys react to their new brother?

Cameron was really almost more interested in the buttons on my bed. He's been very impartial thus far. I think that'll change real quick as he sees who is getting priority in momma's arms.


William, on the other hand, was beside himself! So excited for "Baby Andrew" and "Baby Brofer!"
"Here Mommy, I hold baby Andrew!" I'm gonna have to keep a close eye on him. He's a bit too hands on. As I type, he's sharing a toy car with him and giving him bisous. Shortly before this picture was taken W kept saying "here, Andrew! Give me nais bisous!" (eskimo kisses).
Three boys. I can hardly believe that I am the mother of 3 children. I'm incredibly blessed (and maybe a little crazy).

Middle of the night labors sure take their toll on everyone. Nathaniel hasn't had quite the same opportunity to recoup that I have had. haha! Poor tired papa!

12 comments:

Amber said...

I could cry this is such a beautiful post! You are gorgeous and your boys are all beautiful. Andrew is so cute. I am so happy for you. I love all the pictures but that one of you and all your boys is incredible. Then poor Nathaniel.....man being a parent is hard work. Congrats to all of you. Wish I was there to love on him.

Amber said...

I can't stop looking at all your pictures!

Emily Warner Eskelsen said...

Gorgeous! When can I come up and cuddle those big brothers? I'll bring brownies. Love, Cousin Emily

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He's completely adorable. You're an awesome mom! Your boys are precious!

Lauren said...

Oh my gosh he is so adorable! I love that you aren't shy with the picture sharing! You are so lucky to have 3 handsome, healthy boys. Good luck with everything in the coming months of 3 little ones around. I just know you'll do great!

Emily said...

Congratulations! He's a beautiful baby! I'm glad mom and baby are healthy...safe and sound. Love you! Cousin Em

Anonymous said...

congrats!!! so cute!!!

Ali said...

What a little sweetie! He is adorable and looks just like your other two boys. So cute! I am glad all is well. You are super mom! Way to go. :)

Nathan said...

Nathaniel- you totally look like my dad laying on the floor in your leather jacket! Anything for a quick snooz - I am with ya! Congrats - we love you!!!!

Jeri said...

Hooray! Your pictures are incredible Felicity! They all hold so much emotion, and they tell such a wonderful story.

Congrats again! He is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He is just gorgeous, just like your big boys are. We can't wait to meet him. Good luck!

Deb said...

oh, he is just beautiful. and i LOVE that picture of william holding andrew. perfect.

i wish i could offer help, but i'm afraid to make any commitments at this point and she's coming tues, ready or not! but i will be over sometime soon with a little something for that precious boy!