Thursday, April 26, 2012

France: day 1

April 6

A few weeks ago a friend mentioned to me that they had plans to go to France for a couple days.... I got a little gleam in my eye, asked Nathaniel, and boom-- we were packing for France. Have I mentioned how much I love living here? :)

:) Sounds like a fun town! We pulled off here for fuel!

 The kids were super enthused... 

 While N was in checking us into the hotel, the big boys got out of their booster seats to stretch a little. William wanted to try his hand with the camera (point and shoot- not my big camera). Cameron looks scared, but I think W did a good job! :)

 Happy! 

 The Statue of Liberty! Wait... I thought we were in France?  Maybe it was a prototype before they shipped off the big one to us? ;) 
 Somehow-- this building feels only 1/2 done to me. 



 I bought some faux antique keys.. so W decided to try to open some doors. :) 

 YUM!

 This guy was so awesome. 

I wonder how the HoCo HOA would feel if I made my roof look like this. I LOVE it.  

 Why are canals so charming? I love them. 

 Ah! This little French girl was so cute! Look how dainty!
If it weren't so socially/morally wrong, I would have just scooped her up and taken her home with me. 

Now, we move our visit to Kaysersberg. I love this city. Do you see that castle up there behind the house? 

 The never-ending fun of chasing pigeons! 


 Dinner time. My sweet girlfriend and I felt quite outnumbered at the table with our husbands and 5 sons (and no daughters) between us! The glasses at this restaurant were so cute! I should have taken a close up shot. I did find a place that sold them, but really.. I just don't need anything more to put in my house.


My boys were in *heaven* playing with their friends! 

 When the lights... go down... in the city... :) 

 :)


On the drive back to our hotel I made N pull over so I could snap a quick picture of the moon. It looked HUGE. I'm so glad I did because about 2 minutes later the clouds rolled in and hid it entirely. 

1 comment:

Yulia said...

Haha! I totally want to give that little girl a hug too! She looks darling and SO French :)!