April 6: Riquewhir
William was in time-out here, I believe. ;)
Our boys are early risers, regardless of when they fall asleep, so we were out of the hotel by 8 this morning. It was chilly, but we knew where a great park was for us to hang out at with the boys.
Andrew is growing up so much. It's hard for me to always recognize because he's just my baby! He's getting a lot more playful with his brothers, and a lot more reluctant to just hang out in the stroller when his brothers get to walk. The day before this I took Andrew out for a break from the restaurant and he ran immediately to where he'd been watching the big boys play, and did everything that they had been doing!! Spinning around posts, climbing on a little wall, jumping off a little bench. My sweet boy is a baby no more!
Sorry. I just can't resist taking pictures of pretty blossoms. :)
A funny old man hanging out in the park with us... JK Nathaniel... you're not old. :)
I have probably 50 pictures of Cameron jumping off this wall. :)
Every one makes me smile, but I thought I might spare you most of them.
Little boy.
Macaroon samples anyone? My boys adored them!
I want to live in this house.
Daddy treated the boys to some delicious looking cookies! William mostly just licked the jelly part. I even was excited about the cookies and got one too...... They were no bueno. At. All. By the taste of it, it was evident that they are kept in the same display cooler as the stinky cheese. Blech. At least they looked pretty. :)
Yay! I get one too!
"William, you can pick out ONE treat on this trip... ONE.".
And. This is what he picked. A post card of a 1912 postman. Oooh-k!
Cameron taste-testing the reindeer sausage and fancy goat cheeses with Daddy.
Watch out boys!
Don't worry, there was a metal grate coving it. It still got a lot of good reactions from passerby's. ;)
Next up was the Koenigsbourg castle. All three of my children fell asleep in the 1/2 hour car ride to the castle. I'd be D***ed to wake them up, so N offered to stay with the boys in the car and take a little snooze himself while I got to go check out the sights.
This castle is... a beast. So high up (relatively speaking), and so, so big. Biggest I've seen yet.
And so inviting!
Not sure what this was about bc there seriously isn't enough room for a helicopter up there.. ;)
You see? HUGE.
My friend's son testing out the water containers. :)
So. Big. So cool. Wish I could have seen more. There were stairways everywhere that were roped off... so tempting!
When I returned to the car, our family threw in the towel and decide to head home... but of course then on the way home we saw a sign for some chateau that was only 15 minutes away... but it was 25 minutes away (liar gps!). The chateau thing was lame, so we headed back in the car... and saw a sign for a waterfall only 15 minutes away (again, 25 min).
I'm so glad we went. Somehow after all the man-made awesomeness we'd seen, it was so refreshing to be back in nature awesomeness. We didn't even get out the stroller, just let the boys roam. It was great!
Andrew kept repeating over and over "wa-uh"! Yes, my baby. Water. Love you. Need to get you talking, but LOVE YOU.
Me & my babies. :)
Run away, my boy!





























1 comment:
You guys are so adventurous. Great pictures, Felicity!
Post a Comment