Silly boy... holding his new leapster and wearing his new pilot hat.
When William work up on his birthday morning I said, "William! It's your birthday!" He said, "Yeah! I'm FIVE! ... Where's my pilot hat?".
;) My sweet children have a lot of faith in me (and Santa, for that matter). All he said he wanted for his birthday was a pilot hat. It's a good thing I can sew. I found the hat and a patch and voila. We have a pilots hat!
Nathaniel took the day off and we headed out to some amazing parks. The first was actually an inadvertent detour from our final destination park, but it was still great. The weather was great too!
I have no idea why I didn't use my fancy camera (now named Mighty) at the first park.. but whatever. Here are pictures from Mighty. :)
William was given this pilot jumpsuit and the leather pilot jacket that you see by our sweet friend who used to live near us. W adores them!
The park was in the most beautiful location! It was a fun park, though there was this very bizarre cement crown thing...
...with heads on it? Weird.
View from the park.
Right next to where we parked there was a little section that was canopied by these beautiful blossoms. I was excited to capture this busy bee too!
See how filthy the boys were? To me, that means the day was a success. :)
(tuned into the dvd player)
Later that night I set up a long exposure to capture the moon and venus and whatever that other planet was-- they'd been in alignment a few nights before, but I missed it. Still-- I had fun. :)














No comments:
Post a Comment