Bruges is called the "Venice" of the north. Um. Okay! I guess they do have a Michelangelo
sculpture. It was a lovely city-- but catered to the 60+ tour group crowd, which made it difficult for us and our crew of romping, energetic monkeys. I did love the canals through the city though and there were a lot of interesting things to see.

While N and a friend went inside the Church of Our Lady to see Michelangelo's
Madonna and Child I stayed outside with the kiddos to let them run around.

"Mom, we're being snakes!"

N, Andre and my kids.

I just thought this was funny/cool. We saw several nuns right when we got there. I wonder if this is really their place. ;)

Am I the only one who thinks this is bizarre advertising?

This is one of the best street performers I've seen. His face painting was shaded perfectly! My kids were intrigued-- and freaked out. William wouldn't go anywhere near him. haha!

This is the
Basilica of the Holy Blood. Inside this church is the Relic of the Precious Blood-- a
vial of dried up blood, said to be Christ's. It was brought to the city around 1150, or so and the story goes that the blood would turn to liquid every Friday for 100 years. Fascinating.
2 comments:
i'm swooning. how gorgeous!
Jeej writes: So... that street performer tricked me - I thought it was a statue too! Hello's to everyone.
Post a Comment