Monday, September 05, 2011

Favorite (ruines of a) castle: Rheinfels

Isn't this castle amazing?! We've visited it before here. This time around I went with Tabitha and my boys. I prepared this time by buying some flashlights for the boys. I knew they'd be both useful (lots of dark tunnels for exploring!) and a good toy to keep the boys entertained. They were a success!


It never fails to amaze me looking at ruins of a castle and wondering what it was like before it was destroyed. Especially cool are the hollowed out once-spiral stairways.


Looks safe, right? ;)
The fortifications looked like a good spot for a picnic!:
Safe/trapped place to eat and let the little ones roam. :)
Can someone tell me who this huge sippy cup-rejecting big boy is? Where did my baby go??

It was so nice having the boys one year older-- we got to do a lot more exploring this time! I can't wait to take them next summer too. :)



2 comments:

Corinne said...

OH how I WISH I could take my children to explore here! I think maybe we could be there forever :)

Cami said...

Oh my, I might like the ruins better! Amazing!!