
Reims Cathedral. :)
On another whim, we pulled off the road in Reims. Honestly, I think it was a more because it was a good stopping point to look for a McDonalds (we dine realistically with children-- even in Europe) and also Nathaniel loves the
history of the cathedral. The cathedral was closed by the time we got there, but we found out that there was going to be a special light/music show on the cathedral that evening to celebrate it's 800 year anniversary! Such incredible timing! We ditched bedtime and opted to wait for dark to take in the show.
It. Was.
Incredible. I think it was the highlight of the entire trip for all of us! I love serendipitous things like this. :)

Waiting for the show...


Such a cool scene making it look like it was snowing on the church.

My favorite part-- building the cathedral.

After the show was done they left it lit up for about 10 minutes. It was amazing to me how detailed the light was from such a distance away!

IF I remember correctly-- this is how the church would have originally been painted after it's completion 800 years ago. Crazy.


The boys loved it-- but were wiped out. Aww. they're always sooo sweet when they're sleeping! ;)
My favorite part of the show... mimicking the building of the cathedral and then the chiseling of the stone.
4 comments:
That looks so awesome!
PS I felt Boo yesterday. Tiny flutters. No, it was not gas. lol!
Amazing! I would LOVE to have been there with you!!!
That looks just like the thing that we watched at the clock tower in Prague. It was so cool! We didn't get any pics, though. According to Trip Advisor, they do it every summer on the cathedral in Strasbourg. I'm going to keep my eyes open for it next year.
Wow that is amazing. You just added something to my "To See" list for Europe!
Post a Comment