Zugspitze (pronounced in Felicity phonetics "zuug-shpits-uh".. technical, right?) Isn't it beautiful (the mountain, not the name)? It's the highest peak in Germany coming in at 9,718 feet*, with a cable car that takes you all the way up to the top of it.*Utah friends, don't laugh at it's lack in comparison to your mountains! ;)
Blissful kid-- with no idea how high above the ground we are and how high we are going... though, he probably wouldn't care even if he did. His mother, on the other hand, had a minor anxiety attack. Nothing traumatic, just tears streaming down my face for most of the ride up. I blame the jerk-face standing next to me who blocked my access to holding onto the wall like he was blocking a game ending soccer goal. I was totally fine on the ride down.
Seriously... can you blame me? *shudder*
Tamar hiked out to the literal highest peak. I'm content to say that I was about 20 feel lower than the actual point. haha! Go Tamar!


Of course as we were cooking down at the bottom of the mountain, we were freezing our bums off at the top. SNOW, people-- in mid-JULY. It was awesome. Freeeeezing, but awesome.
What a good aunt-- she had both of my big boys throw snowballs off the highest peak in Germany. How many people can say that? Right? That can be one of their random things to use in those "get to know you" games that they'll play for the rest of their lives!




2 comments:
Even if I had something to hold on to, there is NO WAY you would have gotten me on that cable car! Heights and I are not friends.
I am loving these posts Felicity. It is ME 3 years ago. And I remember my adventures with 3 small boys with fondness. :-) Your boys are getting so big and of course they are beautiful. I am so happy Tamar got to come and see so much with you. What great memories you are making.
Post a Comment